Chess for PC and MAC
Is a Board game developed by appsmz located at ul. Leska 2 35-505 Rzeszów Poland. The game is suitable for USK: All ages and required Android version is 5.0 and up.
Chess is a strategy board game, played worldwide by millions of people. Both players start with the set that is same of: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns. The game is played on 8x8 checkered board and the goal is to checkmate the opponent's king.
- 13 difficulty levels
- Two player mode
- Suitable for beginners and chess experts
- Light/Dark theme
- Easy in use
If you want to play against CPU player, there are 13 difficulty levels, select one that suits you best. No matter you are a chessmaster, you will find something for yourself if you are a beginner, who still learns how to play chess, or. When playing one of low difficulty levels, CPU player will make some mistakes, so you shall be able to beat it easily. Highest difficulty levels allow CPU to think couple of moves forward, so it can predict what you're going to do and make appropriate move.
Chess Game pieces are divided into black and white sets of 16 pieces. Both players start with the set that is same of: 1 king, 1 queen, 2 rooks, 2 knights, 2 bishops, and 8 pawns. The game is played on 8x8 checkered board and the goal is to checkmate the opponent's king.
White moves first. A piece is moved to either an field that is unoccupied field occupied by an opponent's piece. The game is over if the player has no legal move. Game may result in checkmate if the king is in check, or stalemate (a draw) if the king is not.
Each piece moves its own way.
- King moves one field in any direction
- Rook moves along a rank or file (row or column)
- Bishop moves diagonally
- Queen moves any number of fields along a rank, file, or diagonal
- Knight moves "L"-shape: two squares vertically and one square horizontally, or two squares horizontally and one square vertically
- Pawn moves forward to the field that is unoccupied in front of it on the same file, or on its first move it can move two fields along the same file
When a king is under immediate attack, it is said to be in check. A move in response to a check is legal only if it results in a position where the king is no longer in check.
This game is GPLv3. Link to source code available on my web page.
How to run this game on PC or MAC
You can run all Android games and applications on your PC or MAC computer. Using a free software called Bluestacks, you don't need to purchase anything but games or applications it self if it isn't free.
- Download BlueStacks, a free Android emulator.
- Install BlueStacks from installation file.
- Now run BlueStacks and use the search tool of BlueStacks to find the Chess.
- As you find the game then hit the installation button and install it by following on screen instructions.