Launch-X (FREE) for PC and MAC
Is a Tools game developed by DroidAhead located at Via ai Portici 6930 Bedano. The game is suitable for USK: All ages and required Android version is 2.2 and up.
Create powerful widgets for your homescreen with Launch-X! *NEW*: STACK and SCROLLABLE widgets!
** NEW ** Check out our latest icons packs for Launch-X, ADW Launcher, Go Launcher and LauncherPro:
- Neon Blue Icons Pack
- Neon Blue+ Icons Pack
- Paper Icons Pack
- Neon Purple Icons Pack
- Neon Green Icons Pack
The FREE version has some limitations (see at the bottom for more details).
* Fully optimized for Honeycomb/ICS tablets (Android 3.0/3.1/3.2/4.x) - such as Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Acer Iconia A100/A500, Lenovo ThinkPad, ..
* Compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) - Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Launch-X features various customizable configurations to allow very quick access to your favorite applications, contacts or generic shortcuts.
With Launch-X you can maximize the usage of your homescreen space. In fact, instead of having the '4 icons on each row' limitation of the stock Launchers, you can put much, much more in the same space!
There are several configurations options available in Launch-X that let you build a widget that best suits your needs.
Create widgets with multiple screens that contains over 40, 50, 100, or more shortcuts! You can even create scrollable widgets in which you can basically put an unlimited number of items!
Or, if you prefer not to use the multi-screens feature, you can instead keep a more clean single screen with up to 28 items (4 rows, with 7 icons each).
* NEW: Icons packs support - use the tons of icons packs / themes already available for ADW Launcher (EX), LauncherPro and GO Launcher (EX) with Launch-X.
* NEW: Custom icons - you can set a custom icon for each item in your Launch-X widget. It can be an icons pack icon, gallery picture or an icon from other apps that support 'pick icon' (e.g. DroidIcon).
* Unlimited widgets: you can create and configure as many Launch-X widgets as you need.
* Widget sizes: you can choose among several widget sizes (2x1, 4x1, 4x2, ...)
* Scrollable widgets
* Stack widgets: since Android 3.0 you can create stack widgets, in which you can swipe up/down to scroll through screens.
* Items types: the items that can be added to Launch-X are applications, contacts or generic shortcuts. A shortcut for a contact can start a call, send a message/sms or open the contact itself.
* Items order: You can easily sort your items as you want, with simple drag-and-drop.
* Icon size: the available sizes for the icons are "Small", "Medium", "Large" and "X-Large".
* Number of icons: each row can have from 1 up to 7 icons.
* Number of rows: each widget can have from 1 up to 4 rows.
* Screen selection method: you can choose to use the arrows buttons to navigate through screens, or the direct buttons (which allow quicker access to the desired screen). You can also select 'None' to have a single screen with more available space.
* Show/hide items names
* Background/buttons transparency: select your preferred background and buttons transparency.
* Backup/restore: backup your widgets to the SD card and restore them when needed.
For more info visit: http://www.droidahead.com
Facebook page: http://www.droidahead.com/facebook
Launch-X Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvpczWPQ6M
* Limitations of the FREE version:
- Number of icons in each row: Launch-X Pro allows to have up to 7 icons in each row. The free version up to 5.
- Number of rows: Launch-X Pro allows to have up to 4 rows in each screen. The free vers. is limited to 3.
- Number of screens: In Launch-X Pro you can have up to 7 screens. Launch-X Free is limited to 2.
- Background opacity: In Launch-X Pro you can hide the widget background by setting the opacity to 0%. The free version has a minimum opacity of 60%.
- Number of items: Launch-X FREE is limited to 35 items per widget.
How to run this game on PC or MAC
You can run all Android games and applications on your PC or MAC computer. Using a free software called Bluestacks, you don't need to purchase anything but games or applications it self if it isn't free.
- Download BlueStacks, a free Android emulator.
- Install BlueStacks from installation file.
- Now run BlueStacks and use the search tool of BlueStacks to find the Launch-X (FREE).
- As you find the game then hit the installation button and install it by following on screen instructions.
This app doesn't work for the OnePlus 6 phone. It simply force closes whenever I tried to add an app to the widget. It would absolutely get a 5 star rating if it can be made compatible with the OP6. Please fix this issue. Thanks!
last uploaded 2012, but this app could do what folder organizer just did. icon packs, individual icon change, contacts and action shortcuts, different widgets and can even be used as a scrollable vertical side dock...
NOTHING WORKS ON ANDROID SENSE GOOGLE SKREWED EVERYTHING UP ! Most die-hard droid users are moving to iphone because of googles greed.
To enable scrolling, you need to use a third-party launcher. Scrolling CAN be built directly into the widget, but it has not been. I don't want to use a third-party launcher.
I use Apex Launcher, and not all of my icon packs are compatible with this. If you could add Apex icon support, that'd be awesome
Used to love this app on my old Galaxy S7 but doesn't seem to work properly on my new S9+, doesn't load all app when I try to add them. Tried force reload but still doesn't work. 5* if you can sort this issue out. Thanks
I absolutely LOVE this app! It's like nothing I've ever used before! I can fit SO much more on my screens and it's organized now!
Well dammitall, I created my test widget, got all aquiver heading to put it on my screen.......... nothing literally. nothing. it's not there. No widget to choose, it's not in my list. 😢Shhhh now ,yes I know what I'm doing, yes I set it up and saved. ~will addon when I get mail back! 6/30/15 Installing now~~ 4 stars for being (going by description & reviews of free & paid) the exact thing I've been hunting for! Boy if it is, you're my NEW best friends!!! 😀 here's hoping I become a paid user!,
Have always loved using this widget ever since my first galaxy s4g. However I just updated my s8 to oreo and now scrollable feature no longer works. Please fix to make it compatible to oreo. Thanks
All I can think to say is....LOVE IT! Finally quick access to just the apps I want in a scrollable widget! And I loooove my scrollable widgets! Great job guys! One suggestion tho,a bigger preview widget area.its kinda hard to rearrange the icons when you're adding allot of them. Still love it tho! :-) smashing galaxy proclaim
Forced to uninstall an otherwise great app due to lack of updates from dev. It doesn't seem to be compatible with Android 8.0 and/or Samsung Experience 9.0. Keeps crashing!
I really love this app but no auto icon add/remove in widget for installed/uninstalled apps is getting really annoying. Sorry :(
Im not sure if its a limitation of the free version, but I cant change my icons to "goolors square" icon pack. I can select the pack but the icons remian default. I would buy the pro version if icon packs worked with it.
Running this one and Flick Start to see which one does better, pros and cons in both but Flick is not taking up screen space..